Saturday, January 22, 2011
Triple Berry Cobbler
Berry Cobbler - courtesy of The Pioneer Woman from The Pioneer Woman Cookbook
1 stick butter, melted
1 cup sugar
1 cup self-rising flour
1 cup milk
2 cups fresh (or frozen) blackberries (or blueberries, peaches, raspberries and so on)
1/4 cup sugar plus 2 tablespoons sugar
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 3 quart baking dish with butter.
2. Melt stick of butter in microwave safe dish.
3. In medium bowl, whisk 1 cup of sugar with flour & milk.
4. Whisk in melted butter.
5. Rinse berries and pat them dry.
6. Pour the batter into baking dish. Sprinkle berries evenly over the top of the batter.
7. Sprinkle 1/4 cup sugar over the berries.
8. Bake for 1 hour or until golden brown and bubbly.
When 10 minutes of cooking time remain, sprinkle the remaining 2 tablespoons sugar over the top.
Serve with whipped cream or ice cream or both!!!!