Saturday, March 19, 2011

Beading with Nancy Eha 3/19/11


On Saturday, I joined Sandi Petsche and Jennifer Perkins of Harlan, and many other quilters at the Best Western in Clear Lake for a wonderful class on beading and embellishments.  Our teacher was Nancy Eha from Stillwater, MN.  She shared tips & techniques as she taught us how to make beaded dragonflies and an asian technique for overall design.  I wasn't able to attend Friday's workshop (beading for crazy quilts), but Jennifer and Sandi's finished projects are inspiring.  The images here are Nancy Eha's samples.  You can see more images on her website: http://www.beadcreative.com/.  I purchased two of Nancy's books and have them in the store.  I'm happy to loan them out to aspiring beaders...  I'll be checking into beads, thread and other supplies necessary for embellishments. 

If you ever get a chance to take one of Nancy's classes, DO IT!  It was a great experience.  Nancy is the Queen Mother of the Royal Order of Bead Explorers.  Each of us in the class were inducted into ROBE...  and we're all royalty now :-)... 

Here are my two dragonflies...  Not bad for a first attempt.  I plan to piece them into a wall hanging that will incorporate two handkerchiefs that my brother-in-law brought back from China.  I've been wanting to use them for some time, and now I have a plan... 

No comments:

Post a Comment