Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Show and Tell -- Joleen Koch 3/1/11


Joleen Koch, New Ulm Minnesota, stopped by the shop yesterday while I was gone.  I was lucky enough that she stopped by to see me again today to show me the beautiful quilts that she brought with her.  Joleen is Linda Brue's sister-in-law, in town visiting for a while.  When she comes to visit, Joleen brings along her latest projects to show (the baby quilt is for Linda's new grandbaby that is coming soon).  Joleen promises to email me soon with details on the quilts, and I'll post the information when I receive it.

1 comment:

  1. Joleen emailed information regarding her quilts: Back in snowy Minnesota so thought I would post some info on the quilts:
    1 - Baby quilt from Fons and Porter's Love of Quilting July/Aug. 2003 issue. Not Rocket Science. Got a few strips of bright batiks from some of my friends to add to what I already had. Now just need to quilt it.
    2 - Scrappy Circles by Marlous Designs using the crazy curves rulers. Fabrics are all Diawabos. If you decide to get the foot for curved piecing, I could bring the quilt down and leave it with Linda.
    3 - Picket Fence from Calico Hutch in Hayward MN. Great way to use up scraps (and a great shop).
    4 - Woven Hearts by Lily Anna Stitches. Easy and fast wool applique. I just have to finish stitching around the outside.
    5 - Christmas Hospitality Runner from Dec 2010 issue of Quilter's World. A group of my quiltin' buddies and I got together and swapped reds and greens. Pattern shows this as a runner 2 x 8, I did mine 4 x 4 for two reasons: wanted a table topper and I was tired of paper piecing.

    ReplyDelete