Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Show & Tell -- Sandy Richardson 3/29/11


Sandy Richardson, Logan, is truly an artist.  She participated in an online workshop to learn how to convert this picture of her father into this beautiful art quilt.  I am amazed at the detail in her wall hanging from the black & white photo.  Sandy's father lives near Sloan, and he is anxious for her to bring it back so that he can show his visitors :-)

The beaded and embellished quilt at right is incredible.  My apologies, I left the notes about these quilts at the shop, so for now, I am posting from memory.  I'll make corrections tomorrow when I get to the shop.

Sandy and a friend challenged themselves to construct their quilts.  Sandy said the fun part was finding the fabrics.  You can't see the detail, but it is embellished with mini xmas lights, custom beads, and Christmas candies.  The detail is incredible.  I encouraged Sandy to join the Iowa Quilt guild so that she can show her quilts at Reiman Gardens this summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment