Monday, May 2, 2011

Show & Tell -- Mary Beth Kaufman 5/02/11




Thank you Mary Beth Kaufman for sending us these pics, and the following description:

"Slide Show" quilt --dedicated to my dad who took most of our family photos growing up with slide film and then we'd have family gatherings to watch them with a slide projector/screen.  This was completed in winter 2011--quickie quilt---that I worked on at the cabin in Okoboji and that is where it will be used as a throw.  It was machine quilted at Stitchin Tree Quilts in Harlan, IA with fabric purchased there and at Quilting on Main in Pocahontas IA.

This is a variation of the log cabin pattern with some of the strips wider than others.  It was started in winter 2009 and then got put aside to help my mom with daugher Megan's graduation quilt.  I finally completed it in winter 2011.  Another project that occupied my winter weekends at Okoboji while Steve was ice fishing.  The quilt is on my bed at the cabin in Obokobi.  Can you beleive I found these beutiful pillows that matched perfectly!!  Fabric was purchased at Stitching Tree Quilts in Harlan and quilted by Doreen Byer at Country Quilting near Audubon Iowa.  The 2nd photo shows corner/edge detail and paisley quilting design.


No comments:

Post a Comment