Monday, June 27, 2011

Coming Soon, My Stitching Peace

 I have been looking for the designer of My Stitching Peace patterns for over a year.  I saw a pattern in another quilt shop, but couldn't remember anything more than the company name.  I wasn't able to find contact information ont he internet, and I learned that the designer had moved from Iowa City over a year ago.  Dead end, right?

WRONG!  Through divine intervention, Jean Devereux (pronounced Dever-ex; it's Irish) stopped by the shop today to purchase some fabric.  Nancy Cook introduced me to her as the "button lady", and it didn't take long to figure out that my mystery had been solved.  My Stitching Peace found ME!





Jean has moved to Denison, and she has agreed to bring samples to our store to go along with the patterns that we will be stocking soon.

See her beautiful Noah's Ark?  Jean makes her own buttons, and the buttons make the print!  What an extraordinary artist.  We are so lucky to have her in the neighborhood.

No comments:

Post a Comment