Friday, June 10, 2011

We met Eleanor Burns!

Eleanor Burns is one of the most easy going people I have ever met.  She is comfortable in a crowd and has never met a stranger.  Eleanor was the featured presenter at Accu-Cut's Open House on Friday, June 10.  We battled the flood waters to drive down highway 30 to Fremont, home of AccuCut's manufacturing plant and corporate office.   Eleanor brought many quilts featured in her Barn Quilts book.  She showed pictures of the many barn quilts that motivated her to design her unique quilt.  One of the barns is from Sac County Iowa. 

You're never too old to be goofy and have fun.  Eleanor led us in many songs while quilters paraded across the stage in goofy costumes.  My favorite was the flying pig!

While Eleanor was signing my book, I showed off my "Save the Barn" tshirt.  She loved it and asked for one of her own.  I happily agreed.  Let's hope she sends a picture back :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment