Monday, July 14, 2014

Moments on Monday July 14, 2014


Hi everyone!  Hope everyone had a good week.  I know I did!  I had three projects  on my list of things I wanted to get done before RAGBRAI  next week and I got them all done.!!  Imagine that. Sounds like a reason to celebrate to me. ;)

Remember last week I told you I'd have pictures of my latest quilt....Well ..... I have it ready to put on the quilter. :) This quilt is from the same book as the Princess Quilt from last week, Colorful Quilts for Playful Kids by Janet Pittman. I had such a fun time putting this together with the different characters driving the vehicles.  This is for my grandson's second birthday.  (any excuse to make a quilt) Teresa and I will look for a cute themed motif for the quilter to quilt this.  I'm anxious to get it quilted.  He not only loves trucks (like most two year olds) but he LOVES Dora, so it should be fun to see his reaction. :)


Tomorrow I get to visit a grade school friend who is on her way from Oklahoma City to Sioux Falls.  She is an avid Snoopy collector and guess what I have in my stash?!!!....Yep...Snoopy fabric complete with a little Woodstock.  Teresa has the free pillowcase pattern on her web site and I thought that would be a perfect project to sew up in honor of our meeting! ;) 


I wish I would have taken some pictures of the beautiful new fabric Teresa has gotten in at the shop. All I can say is OMG!!! is it ever beautiful. She has some fun stuff in too!  Like this bicycle fabric that I made the cutest bag out of...(third project)
FUN...FUN....FUN


We are finally getting caught up with our quilting in the shop and actually have a quicker turn around time than we normally have.  That's good for you who have a project you need to have quilted soon.

Next week I will be driving the Sag Wagon on RAGBRAI.  For those of you who don't know what RAGBRAI is, it's a bicycle ride that a bunch of crazy people go on that takes them across the state of Iowa.  It usually starts in a town that is located on the Missouri on the West side of the state and ends up on a town that is on the Mississippi on the East side of the state. It lasts the entire week and I will be driving the support vehicle.  (I find the camp sight, yes I said camp complete with tents)  Hopefully I will be able to share some fun pictures with you at our next meeting.

Until next time....my very best to you all,    Nancy

1 comment:

  1. Nancy, you are incredible! I love your completed projects! Can't wait to see them on Thursday.

    ReplyDelete