Monday, July 7, 2014

Moments on Monday

Hello everyone! Nancy here and I'm back! Actually I never left but crazy busy just like everyone else. I'm working on my fourth quilt since January and if that isn't enough to keep me busy, Teresa has upped and moved the shop! But I'm sure y'all know that already.

First I want to talk about me and what I have been doing at home. Like I said, I have finished some quillts and a table runner with matching napkins just in time for the Fourth of July! Imagine that!  I was able to put to good use Teresa's 60 degree angle table runner pattern. How cute is that?!!!


Last October at Quilt Market in Houston, I came across a book by Janet Pittman with the cutest patterns.  I couldn't resist the Paisley Princess quilt that I made for my two year old granddaughter Lola.  (she's such the diva)
I think it was a hit!

OK.....enough about me and what I've been up to at home, now let's get on to the good stuff.
If you haven't been to the new shop, you should really try and make it out.  It's such a beautiful drive and Teresa is always getting in new things.   I'm working one day a week and one Saturday a month which makes it like Christmas sometimes.  Last week we got in seven boxes!! There was some really gorgeous fabric.  I can't wait to see what we're going to do with it all.  What fun!

                                                The new Janice Vaine books are in!!!!!!!!

 I've been practicing my fans that Janice demonstrates by using the back basting method of appliqué for the Running Stitcher club.
 I'm looking forward to getting started on the embroidery stitches that Janice so clearly illustrates throughout her book.  We meet the first Tuesday of every month from 1:00 to whenever. (usually it's until 3:00 or 4:00) If you are at all interested in crazy quilting or are working on any hand work, come learn with us.  We would love to have you join us.  If you can make it, please give us a call so we'll know how many to expect.

Well....I'd better get busy here.  It was fun visiting with you. I just started another project, another appliqué. I'll have pictures next week. See you then!

                                                               My best to you all,    Nancy



1 comment:

  1. Nancy, I love your new blog column! You work on so many projects at once! I'm really anxious to see your finished Janice Vaine project.

    ReplyDelete