Monday, August 4, 2014

Moments on Monday August 4, 2014

AUGUST!!!!  Where did the summer go?  I've been just minding my own business and all of a sudden it's August!  My oh my....what's a person to do.?@#!

I thought I would get a jump on things and start planning a small little family reunion with the kids, their spouses and their kids.  Only the place I wanted to go is already booked for next summer. So now I have to start all over....Anyone have any suggestions?

Been busy getting caught up on a few projects, one of which are these baby wash clothes I've been making for new babies.  I used a white towel and cut 6" squares and used scraps of pastel fabrics for the binding.  Teresa's quilt binding 101 tutorial sure comes in handy. :)  I like to have some of these on hand because they do make a nice addition to a baby gift.

I have a new project for work!!!!  I love new projects!  Teresa will be starting a new Block of the Month in November and I get to make the sample.  It is going to be so pretty....look at the first block.

I'll write more about the blocks and my processes in the coming weeks.  I'm really enjoying the challenge.  It looks like it could really be hard, but the secret....there are NO "Y" seams. ;)  More to come next week.


Tomorrow I have the Running Stitchers Club at the shop and I'm working on Janice Vaines' fans out of her Embroidery & Patchwork Revisited book. 
There are 36 blocks and each block will have embroidery on them.  I am really looking forward to learning all the different stitches. The blocks are sewn together and then embroidered on like a crazy 
quilt.  This will definitely be an on going project.  I am really surprise that the piecing isn't taking that long to do.  However I'm sure the embroidery will take longer.

It's time to get supper started so I'd better sign off.  Chicken on the grill.  It always amazes me when the husband grills and it sounds like he cooked dinner.  Someone has to get the meat ready and the side dishes made...hmm....Until next week...
My very best to you all...
Happy Quilting,
Nancy






No comments:

Post a Comment