Monday, September 22, 2014

Moments on Monday with Nancy

Happy first day of Fall everyone!!  It's hard to believe I'm saying that.  Where did the time go?

I had one of my all time best weekends and I just have to share with you all.  Spent Friday, Saturday and most of Sunday with a few friends at the Quilters Cottage in Woodbine.  What a delight!  It was such a relaxing time and got a lot of sewing done. yay!  I can't wait to show you what projects I found in my closet! It was a little hard deciding what to bring.....but I think I made a good choice.  I only had time to work on three things....so little time.
I found these blocks in my closet and was able
to put them togetherr.  Nice design wall at the cottage.
As soon as I get the borders on it will be ready to quilt.
Women of Courage Block of the Month



 I had a charm pack that I had picked up in Texas last winter that I was just dying to make this darling disappearing four patch.  I think everyone at the retreat must have rolled their eyes at least 10 times listening to me carry on while piecing this little treasure.  I was able to shop for the borders and setting fabric right there.  How handy is that!?

Having all that fun over the week end, I just wasn't ready for the time to end.  I was all motivated when I got up this morning to continue sewing.  I can't wait to get that sample of the new  BOM at the shop finished.  I got one more square finished at the retreat and almost have another one completed today.  I had to stop sewing and go to the grocery store.  (Bob said something about not having anything to eat and the dog (Lucy) was out of food.)  But look what I have finished so far!


I can't wait to get this finished.  It's going to be so pretty.  

Better get going here.  I still have a few things to do before I call it a day.  
My very best to you all....
Happy quilting,
Nancy


No comments:

Post a Comment