Monday, October 6, 2014

Moments on Monday with Nancy

My oh my what a wonderful week I had since I last spoke to y'all.  Where do I begin, I have so much to share.  I guess I'll start with the quilt show in Des Moines.  Last Wednesday I caught a ride to the show with Teresa.  Once again this year, like all the other years, show cased so much talent!  While I was walking through the vendor section, I ran into Janet Pittman!!!  The one and only.... the same Janet Pittman that wrote the book Colorful Quilts for Playful Kids with the Princess and Construction Zone patterns.  I just wasn't thinking clearly and missed a photo opportunity. (rats)
Of course I had to make a complete fool of myself and show her the pictures on my phone of those quilts of hers I made for grand kids. :)

I'm sure you all saw the pictures Teresa posted in her blog of some of the  beautiful quilts.  My pictures didn't come out nearly as good as hers. (she takes such good pictures)  Since  I didn't notice any pictures of  the special exhibit of classic cars and trucksfrom the Des Moines quilt guild show I thought I would share.  One of my favorites was the pink caddie at the Sweet Shop made by Janet Fogg.



Awsome....Right?

All the piecing, shading and quilting just mesmerized me!  Quilting is a lot like golf to me....very humbling!!
I was only able to go to the show just one day since Bob and I were going to hit the road and go to Colorado for the week end.  I wanted to get some sewing done on the block of the month and I have actually started sewing it together.  Really is looking good.  I'll share pictures of that next week. (maybe)

Bob and I took off on Friday to go to Colorado Springs to the Air Force Academy for the Air Force/Navy football game.  That place is so amazing. No matter how many times I see everthing it always feels like the first time seeing it. The pictures just don't seem to do it any justice!
Me and Bob on the trail to the chapel 


This is a partial picture of the prayer bench that  lines the alter in the chapel. They were needlepoint made by the
officers wives that were stationed at the Academy years ago.  They are really quite beautiful.



Unfortunately my pictures in the chapel didn't turn out so good. And of course I just realized I didn't gett any pictures of anything else. :(   We had a great time at the game and the best part.....
Air Force beat Navy!  Yay Air Force!!

Sunday we drove on up to Denver to go to a Bronco game.  
 


A very exciting game with the Bronco's winning!!!  We couln't have asked for more perfect weather either day which made going that much more enjoyable.  

Well...we made it back late this afternoon and I'm ready to get into the shop tomorrow.  There is just always so much to do and so little time.   (I'm sure we all feel like that)

Until next week, happy quilting!

My very best to you all,
Nancy









No comments:

Post a Comment