Wednesday, March 25, 2015

A Moment on Monday on Wednesday

Hello everyone!  Bob and I were so busy on Monday with spring cleaning.  It's not every day you have a strong man help you with that.....so I had to take him up on it, gladly.  Besides that, I've been busy with bindings.  I counted 7 small quilts that I have been sewing the binding on. (not all mine) I really don't mind bindings, it's just that it seems like after you get it sewn on it takes f-o-r-e-v-e-r stitching it down. Then I often make too much binding or change my mind on the binding and go with another fabric.  What do you do with all that extra binding?



My latest storage of these bindings, and it actually works well, and that is placing the binding in an empty tissue box.  It's amazing how many inches of binding you can get into the box. One of these days I'm going to find the right project for all these extras. In the mean time, I guess they'll go back in the "closet". :0

Cousin Lana's daughter recently had a baby and of course I had to make a quilt. (I love baby quilts) I'm binding it now.  I should already have it finished but......

We're going to Madison next week to present this to the sweet baby Belle. I'd better chop chop and get this finished.   I love babies!

In the middle of binding I'm still working on that checker board.  Remember from last week?  What was  I thinking?!#%#@

It keeps going on and on.  One of these days I'll share my finished quilt. I just know it. Keep your fingers crossed.

I made it back to work last week.  I didn't know if I would be able to handle two days in a row.  But I surprised myself and survived.  It's always such fun at the cottage and  Saturday proved to be no different.  I had lots of visitors from the quilt show held in  Dennison.  I'm still smiling.

Until next time.....my very best to you all
Happy quilting,
Nancy



No comments:

Post a Comment