Thursday, September 22, 2016

What's New at Stitchin' Tree

It's been a couple weeks since the last post because we have been SUPER busy at the store! No worries though, I will fill you in on all the latest happenings at the shop!

Christmas on Parade was a huge success last Wednesday, September 14! There were two separate sessions and each of them were full. The highlights included everything from panels to seam rippers, and table toppers to full-sized quilts! There was even Christmas caroling lead by Teresa. Did you miss the show? Not a problem! You can purchase the Christmas on Parade CD which includes patterns of several pieces featured in the show, for $20 at the shop. We will be posting pictures to our Facebook page soon.

PopStars is one of the panels that were featured in the Parade. This panel has three different sizes to choose from to meet all of your Holiday needs!

 This is a little piece of the Mongo Quilt. It got its name because it's HUMONGOUS! There was also a green/black version as well, but it was gone by the end of the Parade.

 

 

 Through all the hustle and bustle, we also received a new line of fabric (bottom right)! Happy comes from Paintbrush Studios, and I absolutely love it! (Hint hint...MOM!)

Check it out at stitchintree.com!

I mentioned in my first blog that I would be writing a little bit about my personal favorites from the shop. This week, I chose Crossroads. Every time I walk into the store and look towards the back, I get to see the Crossroads quilt. One day, I asked Mom why the yellow stands out so much. Yellow stands out because it is one of the three primary colors of the color spectrum, red and blue are the others. I told her I already knew that, and there was something else about the yellow that stood out to me. If you take a look at the yellow squares with brown in the corners, what do you see? I see the sign of the cross. The yellow is the light shining from the back of the shop, which is why it always catches my attention.

No comments:

Post a Comment